08 Dec Winter Moving
As terrible as the idea may sound, planning to move during the winter can be an excellent choice for many reasons. Sure, you may have to deal with the cold in the preparation of moving out, but on the flip side, you might get to hire a reputed moving service company at less than regular rates.
Since most families prefer to move during the summer season, winter can prove to be the ideal time if you have the proper scheduling in place and know how to execute it.
Best tips to move during the winter
1. Begin early: The darkness sets much sooner in the season which is why you must make up for the shortage of daylight hours. Get a chunk of the moving work done during the day to avoid uncomfortable nighttime temperature and hassles of taking stuff out in low light.
2. Dress in layers: wearing layered clothing is always beneficial when you’re doing physical tasks like moving items into the truck. This will allow you to stay flexible and adjust according to your body temperature without being over-encumbered by heavy clothing. Feeling hot? Just take off a layer or 2 to get back in business.
3. Keep the winter supplies ready: when moving out, keep the essential winter supplies such as the mittens or windshield scrapers out of the box. Since you might need these on the way to your destination, keep them at a place where they can be easily accessed.
4. Take precautions: since ice and snow can act as roadblocks while you’re moving, consider buying carpet remnants to lay down in parts through each house. If you have old cardboard boxes remaining, tear them open and lay them out to create a makeshift path with all the melted ice and dirt underneath.
5. Take notice of the weather: plan ahead of time and make sure the day you’re moving out doesn’t coincide with bad weather and seasonal storms. Also, it would be wise if you avoided bad weather altogether instead of trying to brave it as the latter may cause harm to valuables as well as your safety and well-being.
6. Hire a professional: if you are unsure about your capabilities of handling the planning, moving, and driving yourself, do not hesitate to get in touch with a professional. A professional mover will efficiently transport your belongings from one location to another without letting any harm come their way.
Be it snow or winter storm, hazards loom by the plenty in this season. Luckily, by following the tips mentioned above, you and the family can relax in your new cozy home without any hassles.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.